Welcome to Living Reiki
Thank you for visiting this website! Living Reiki provides training for all levels of Usui Reiki and Karuna Reiki®. We also have classes featuring therapeutic-grade essential oils, sound healing, and drumming. Reiki integrates with all other healing methods to speed up the return to a whole and healthy state of being. Our presenters have a relationship with Living Reiki as a Student, Graduate, Mentor, or Associate of Living Reiki.
Please visit the Workshop and Classes page to find the various workshops being offered. Prepayment guarantees your space in class and that the class will be held.
What is Reiki?
Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is made up of two Japanese words. REI stands for universal or spiritual, and KI stands for energy. Therefore REIKI stands for universal life force energy.
Basically, Reiki (ray-key) is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that simultaneously promotes healing using life force energy. When the body relaxes, it heals naturally. Reiki is administered by “laying on of hands.” Techniques such as this have been practiced for centuries.
To others, Reiki is a meditation path, a practice, a spiritual resource that helps to heal the body, mind, and spirit. Reiki improves one’s life by encouraging healthy changes that are transformational and empowering. Reiki is also unconditional love.
Dr. Mikao Usui rediscovered Reiki in the early 1900’s resulting from his travels and extensive study of the Buddhist healing traditions in Japan, China, and Tibet. Most of his life he meditated and participated in a spiritual practice and ultimately developed this system of natural healing which is still performed in Japan as well as in many places in the world. Dr. Usui’s system of Reiki might also be described as a pathway to enlightenment.
- Works on the cause, vs. the effects of dis-ease and illness.
- Speeds up healing of the physical body from injuries, accidents, operations; and minimizes the pain.
- Releases blockages and promotes balance and harmony at the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual levels.
- Releases anxiety and stress to promote relaxation and peace.
- Releases tiredness and vitalizes the whole being.
- Transforms old beliefs into new ones.
- Results in personal empowerment, higher awareness, and enlightenment.
- Facilitates heart and soul healing.
- Works synergistically with traditional therapies and modern medicine.
Our approach is open, allowing and from the heart. The emphasis is on hands-on practice, participation, and group sharing of experience—the real teacher. The learning environment is safe, supportive, and comfortable and filled with unconditional love. We strive to make Reiki easily accessible to all who want the information.